I have been a member of Amnesty International since I was in high school; going on
20+ years now. They are an international grassroots human rights organization. Beginning in September 2006 and culminating in April of 2007, I was chosen as a Legislative Delegation Leader to present issues to Congressman Miller's (R-FL01) office regarding the situation in Darfur, Sudan.
I have been lucky enough to be chosen once again as a Legislative Delegation Leader to lead a delegation to Congressman Miller's office regarding the closure of the Guantanamo detention facility and the reform of American immigration detention policy. This delegation and meeting will take place next week. I am hoping to meet with Congressman Miller and express our views.
I am also looking to form a local Amnesty International group. If there is anyone in the Escambia, Santa Rosa, and Okaloosa counties area of Florida who would be interested, please let me know. We have no local or student groups here, and I believe we can build a successful local group.
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment