I am working on getting a group of people together in the area who are interested in hiking and exploring. I am an avid hiker/backpacker/camper. I have received a few good responses so far and we plan to meet this Saturday morning for coffee to discuss ideas. Right now, we are looking at doing some day hikes, but who knows, we might eventually plan a thru-hike. I know one of the people I am going to meet is interested in hiking the AT (Appalachian Trail) as am I. There are many areas in my area that are wonderful to hike. Primarily trails in the Blackwater State Forest and the Ft. Pickens/Gulf Islands National Seashore area. Last weekend, my daughter and I hiked around Ft. Pickens. We toured the Fort and hiked to all the surrounding batteries. I'm hoping to hit one of the Blackwater trails this coming weekend. Another idea we have talked about is doing some exploring, such as at the Marianna Caverns.
On this note, here's a link to another article I wrote and posted to Helium regarding hiking. This article was about the Garcon Point Trail:
http://www.helium.com/items/1127835-nature-trails-in-northwest-florida
Monday, October 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment